My qualifications include a Diploma in CBT/REBT from the College of Cognitive Behavioural Therapies, a Diploma in Psychology from Birkbeck College, a Certificate in Counselling from the Minster Centre and a Fundamentals of Psychosynthesis from the Institute of Psychosynthesis. I am a fully accredited member of the NCS and a member of the BACP.
In addition to many years as a counsellor I also have many years’ experience in the helping professions including working in the social work department in the NHS, working on the Healthy Minds Project at Mind in Camden and teaching and supporting overseas and home students in university settings.
The areas I specialise in include the following areas:
- General Anxiety Disorders:
- General Anxiety Disorder (GAD),
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD),
- Panic Disorder,
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD),
- Social Phobia (or Social Anxiety Disorder).
- Academic and lifestyle anxiety and procrastination,
- Pain Management and Life crisis/Transitions.
When you contact me we can agree a 15-minute consultation on the phone to discuss your aims and needs. We then meet via Skype or Zoom for an initial 50-minute session and from there agree a future plan which usually involves around 6 to 12 sessions but can be longer-term.