Welcome to Clearmind London
Christie Goodall (MBACP) MSc, MA, Advanced Integrative Diploma (CBT, Hypnosis, Psychodynamic & Humanistic therapy)
I am a fully BACP accredited London-based integrative Cognitive Behavioural Therapist. Over the years I have helped many clients with issues such as anxiety, depression, loss, failure, perfectionism, procrastination, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Panic Disorder, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Social Phobia (or Social Anxiety Disorder), other Phobias, and more recently Covid-19 related issues. I also work at The Priory, AnxietyUK and Oneinfour focusing on issues of addiction, abuse and self-harm (in addition to the above).
I have found integrative CBT very effective at helping people to change their negative thoughts, feelings and behaviours into more positive ways of being through changing the beliefs they hold about themselves, others, or the world. I believe that we can find our own path in life with the right support and encouragement. With this in mind, the central theme of my practice is providing a safe space to explore and resolve issues, and it has been my privilege to help my clients achieve their goals and overcome their emotional problems for a healthier well being.
My experience as an academic lecturer at university, and as a personal tutor, has also helped me to understand the impact of anxieties around achievement and failure, especially with regarding to perfectionism and procrastination. I have found that people from all backgrounds, no matter who they are, can have low self-esteem due to difficulties in childhood and adulthood which have affected their self-worth and the ability to achieve their goals. My enthusiasm for learning and achieving has helped my clients to find their own path and voice so that they can be more empowered in their lives.
I am member of the counselling community, Relational Spaces and and have worked for Mind in Camden and supported patients in the NHS. In addition, I worked as a volunteer for a student telephone counselling line. I have also spent many years supporting international and home students in my pastoral role at university.
My approach is friendly and professional. Through listening to your story and agreeing a goal to work on together, we can work using integrative CBT techniques that are particularly effective in changing the emotions around negative events to ones which are healthier and more life affirming. As an integrative counsellor I use other theories and techniques such as hypnosis, Gestalt and Parts theory, EMDR, Acceptance therapy and Solution Focused Therapy. I am interested in art therapy and have sometimes found this to be very helpful form for my clients. I typically see clients for around 8-15 sessions of one hour, but I have seen clients over a longer period.
• I am currently seeing people online, which has been very successful. Many of my clients have said how convenient it is to meet online, and they have found the sessions to be effective. I use techniques such as sharing the screen to explain theories and I email information after the sessions that help clients understand the theories better and to support them through the week.
Training, and qualifications
• Advanced Integrative Diploma II in CBT – College of Cognitive Behavioural
• Advanced Integrative Diploma in CBT – College of Cognitive Behavioural
• Advanced Diploma in CBT – College of Cognitive Behavioural Therapies
• Diploma in CBT – College of Cognitive Behavioural Therapies
• Certificate in Integrative Counselling – The Minster Centre
• Diploma in Psychology – Birkbeck, University of London
• Certificate in Psychodynamic Counselling – Birkbeck, University of London
• Foundations in Psychosynthesis – The Institute of Psychosynthesis
Code of ethics
• NCS Code of Ethical Practice
• British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy Ethical Framework
for the Counselling Professions
• Accredited Member of the BACP
• Accredited member of the National Counselling Society (NCS)
• Accredited member of the National Hypnotherapy Society (MHS)